Monday, January 7, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I know. I KNOW. It was all weeks ago. Cut me some slack, I've got an active toddler on my hands these days. A toddler who is "all boy," which a few people have told me (a phrase I take to euphemistically mean, hyper/crazy/gets into everything).

Anyway, Christmas in New England was beautiful and perfectly white. I mean the snow, of course, not describing spending time with Nolan's caucasian half of the family, ha HA. All jokes aside, Nolan's Mimi and Papa have a beautiful home in Newburyport, and it was quite the quintessential Christmas indeed. There was sledding, fun with cousin Haley and Uncle Chris, Wii tournaments, a Patriots game that was a breeze, a Patriots game that was a nail biter, a visit to Portsmouth, NH (such a lovely city--who knew?), a trip to the Dalton Club, and lots and lots of presents.

Here are a few photo highlights:


Three generations of Wyser men in front of Newburyport Wyser home


Nolan shows us how he really feels about sledding


Haley makes out like a bandit on Christmas day


Third day's a charm. He finally gets why it's fun.


Getting ready to sled down. Haley and Nolan are excited!


Aprés sled. Nolan is rosy cheeked and adorable.


Brian and Nolan make a First Impression at the Portsmouth Children's Museum.


Chris and Haley at the museum.


Mimi and Nolan in their Pats colors.



All in all, it was a wonderful Christmas/winter vacation. Nolan was great on the plane, especially the trip home (slept 2+ hours, even through heavy turbulence), and it didn't take that long for Nolan to return to west coast time. Score!

New years eve, on the hand...well, Nolan was out like a light by 8 as usual, and I was out not long after. First time in a long time I didn't stay up to watch the stupid ball drop on TV (on tape delay, of course...anticlimactic much?). Meh. Who cares? New years eve is overrated, I say. But to everyone else who went out: I'm sure it was the BEST. PARTY. EVER! Happy 2008 y'all!

Next post: Laser Pointers! Fun for cats...AND toddlers too!

No comments: